TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Agreement is for the temporary occupancy of a vacation rental property and sets forth a license right for limited use of the vacation rental property made available to you through the brokerage services of Pocono Mountain Rentals (PMR). Your electronic or ink signature to this agreement via electronic form, mail or fax constitutes a legal agreement that sets forth terms and conditions of your occupancy license.
1. Your initial payment has been applied towards the total cost of your reservation. Balances are due based on when your reservation is made. Your actual due date for your balance will be reflected when your check-in and check-out dates are entered. Balances are due immediately if the reservation is made 30 days or less prior to check-in. We accept payments in the form of Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover. Checks are only accepted for balance payments. If paying with check, make payable to Pocono Mountain Rentals and mail to: Pocono Mountain Rentals at 11 Duane Road, Building D, 2nd Floor, Doylestown, PA 18901. Please include the name of the property, the check-in date and the reservation number in the memo section. Checks are NOT accepted with less than 30 days prior to check-in.
2. All vacation rental properties are professionally cleaned before and after your stay. If you are unsatisfied with the cleanliness or condition of the property upon your arrival, please contact Pocono Mountain Rentals immediately so we may address your concerns.
3. The Guest(s) is responsible to report any damage or problems with the Property to Pocono Mountain Rentals. The Guest(s) will allow PMR to correct any issues with the property. If a guest refuses to allow PMR the opportunity to correct a problem, the guest will then accept the property as is and no monies will be refunded.
4. The Damage Waiver fee waives all costs charged to the guest, up to $3000 per stay for any unintentional damage caused by the Guest or Guests of Guest to the vacation rental property and furnishings within the property. This fee is non-refundable once the Guest has checked into the Vacation Rental Property. Any costs to repair any damage exceeding $3000 will be charged to the Guest. The Guest is responsible to report any damage immediately to PMR.
5. Trash must be put in trash bags and taken to the trash bin at the end of the driveway or at the community trash area. This may differ depending on the property you are staying in.
6. Guest(s) are responsible for clearing snow and ice from all walkways and stairs during their stay. Shovels and ice melt are located at the property. Snow plowing of the driveway will be provided (if over 4" of snow accumulate).
7. Guest(s) may terminate this occupancy agreement and receive all monies paid to PMR, less a $200.00 fee for administrative expenses, if a cancellation notice is received via email by Pocono Mountain Rentals at least 60 days before the check-in date. In the event of a cancellation by the Guest(s) with less than a 60 day notice, all monies paid or due shall be considered earned and shall not be returned.
8. The Guest(s) shall not exceed the stated occupancy of the property.
9. Guest(s) will occupy at their own risk and adhere to all rules and regulations of this occupancy agreement and the Community's rules and regulations regarding vacation rentals. Any fines or citations incurred by the Guest(s) or guests thereof shall be the responsibility of the Guest(s). Any illegal activities that occur on the property or breach of the terms of this agreement will result in the revocation of the license to occupy the property and immediate eviction from the Property without reimbursement.
10. Guest(s) agree not to assign this license or sublet the Property, nor to use or occupy for any purpose other than as a dwelling.
11. All of the properties are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted outside of the home. Cigarette receptacles are provided. You will be charged up to $1000.00 if any evidence of smoking in the Property is found.
12. Pets are not permitted, except certified service animals or if the home is listed as a pet friendly property. Proof of certification must be provided prior to booking home. Guest(s) will be charged a $1000 deep clean if evidence of a pet is discovered at the property, in addition to damages caused by the pet.
13. It is understood that Pocono Mountain Rentals and/or the Property owner(s) are not responsible nor liable for any injury or damages to any person or persons or to any property at any time or for any cause whatsoever that may arise from the use of the Property, (including any amenity on property including hot tub), or building or by any act of any person or persons or their guests. It is expressly understood and agreed between the Property owner, PMR & Guest(s) that any officer or partner or agent and any cooperating broker and their salesman and employees and any officer or partner of the cooperating are acting as an agent only and will in no case whatsoever be held liable either jointly or severally to any party for the performance of any term or covenant of this agreement or for damages for the nonperformance thereof. Pocono Mountain Rentals is a full service real estate brokerage firm.
14. Pocono Mountain Rentals strongly encourages the purchase of vacation rental insurance for worry-free planning. CSA Vacation Rental Insurance takes care of you before, during and after your vacation. CSA vacation rental insurance plans cover you door to door - from the day after you buy your policy right up until you return home. All plans include CSA's renowned 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Service for worldwide help whenever and wherever you need it.
Pocono Mountain Rentals, Property owner(s) shall not be liable to the Guest for damages, vacation rental fees or otherwise for any interruption, curtailment, or suspension of any utility service to the premises or the guests inability to travel to and/or occupy the premises as a result of any action of public authority, strikes, Acts of God or any weather related cause (hurricane or snow storm).
15. Fireworks of any kind, including sparklers, are NOT permitted. Fines will be assessed.
16. Outdoor open fires of any type are NOT permitted less the property you are staying in has an enclosed firepit. This includes, but is not limited to, camp fires, outdoor fire pits, or chimineas. Fines may be assessed.
17. Parking is NOT permitted on any road or shoulder. Fines may be assessed. All driveways are limited to the number of vehicles listed in each properties occupancy agreement.
18. Quiet hours are 10pm-7am and are strictly enforced by the township. Unreasonable noise or disturbance can be cause for revocation of the license to occupy the property without reimbursement. Any fines incurred by the property owner for noise or disturbances will be charged to the Guest(s).
19. If the Guest(s) fail to leave the property at time and date agreed upon in the signed agreement, PMR will impose a $200.00 fee plus any additional costs incurred as of a result of the guest not leaving as agreed.
20. The Guest must be 25 years of age or older in order to reserve any Property. A readable copy of the Guests driver’s license must be emailed to PMR upon signing of the occupancy agreement. Please enlarge the copy of your driver’s license to insure readability.
21. No portable hot tubs, kiddie pools or bounce houses of any kind are to be used at the Property.
22. Parents, custodians or responsible parties are responsible for supervising their children as the property is NOT set up as childproof.
23. LINENS ARE NOT provided (sheets and bath towels) but are required on all the beds. Linens can be rented for an additional charge. Contact Pocono Mountain Rentals for additional information.
24. PMR and Property owner are NOT responsible for any personal items left behind after the Guests vacate the Property.
25. Pocono Mountain Rentals is a licensed real estate brokerage firm in the state of PA.
This occupancy agreement constitutes the entire agreement by and between the parties and no representations made by the property owner or broker constitute a part of the agreement, nor do any oral representations made. We pride ourselves with our customer service and in the event a dispute exists all parties agree to submission to mediation through the established procedures of the dispute resolution program provided by the Bucks County Bar Association. All rights to a jury trial or commencement of any claim in any jurisdiction other than the Bucks County Court of Common Pleas are waived under this agreement.
This occupancy agreement is binding upon both parties, their heirs, and assigns. Both parties admit full knowledge of this occupancy agreement prior to signing.