Pocono Mountain Rentals Statement Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The safety and health of all our Guests, Owners, and Staff is a top priority. As such, we have taken additional measures to protect against the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Booking and Cancellation Policies – Your Travel Flexibility
We recognize the current COVID-19/Coronavirus situation is unprecedented. We are therefore providing the following temporary special modifications of our standard Cancellation Policy. Please contact our office at 215-489-3206 with any questions you may have, or to discuss a specific reservation.
- Existing Reservations – All existing reservations that are scheduled for departure on or before April 7, 2020, can be rescheduled up to 72 hours prior to arrival for later dates in 2020. What you have paid previously will be applied as a credit to the new stay and the change fee will be waived. We are currently only addressing reservations that check out prior to April 7. If your reservation checks out after that time, please check back as we are continuously monitoring the situation and updating our policy accordingly.
- New Reservations – We are available to take new reservations. We are temporarily only permitting stays of 7 nights but not more than 30 nights for any reservation checking out prior to May 18, 2020.
- Gaps Between Rentals – We are temporarily requiring a minimum of 3 days of no occupancy between each stay.
- No Hot Tub Service or Use – For the safety of our guests and staff, we are temporarily securing our Hot Tubs in All our homes so they will not be available for use.
- Occupancy Limit – We are temporarily limiting the occupancy in all properties to 9 persons as recommended by the CDC. This will be for any reservation that checks in through April 30th. This date will be updated every few days.
- Our Community – We care about the safety our community as well as our guests. We are asking any guest who is staying in any of our properties to follow and adhere to all CDC and State requirements including shelter in place and social distancing.
As travel restrictions are constantly changing, make sure you Listen to your State and Local Authorities.
Enhanced Housekeeping Procedures
After each departure of one of our vacation homes, our professional housekeeping Associates are taking extra precautions to mitigate the spread of coronavirus in line with recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
As a standard, we use virus-killing products recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. In addition, we have deployed the following measures:
- Hand Hygiene – Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded of frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer and gloves.
- Ongoing Training – In addition to training on enhanced housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our housekeeping teams have also received COVID-19 awareness training.
- Enhanced Surface Disinfection – Our cleaning teams are focusing on enhanced disinfection of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, toilets, faucets, sinks).
- Employee Wellness – We will not allow our Associates to work if they have symptoms or show signs of having symptoms of illness.
Use of Commercial Laundry
Pocono Mountain Rentals employs the professional services of a commercial hospitality laundry for all of our linens. Their processes utilize high heat wash temperatures and exact chemical sanitation.
Each home in our is equipped with an electronic lock. This standard offers our Guests the ability to go directly to their vacation rental without the requirement to interact with our staff.
Your Safety and Additional Precautions
We encourage our Guests to follow the CDC’s recommendations for the best line of defense against coronavirus. These measures include:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap.
- Use hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid contact with sick people, and stay home and seek medical attention if you feel sick.
Please read the CDC recommendations for further information.
We encourage all visiting Guests to plan ahead and arrive with all necessary food and supplies. Like many other areas, our grocery stores remain open at this time, but certain items may be limited or out of stock.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide updates to this page as appropriate.